Due to the Night Owl Music Bar being closed, the Awards Concert will be held at The Wesley Hall (upstairs), Melville Street, Hobart (next to the multi-storey car-park). The concert will still be starting at 7:30 and will still have the same fantastic artists! We won’t have a liquor licence but some refreshments will be available or BYO nibbles etc. and make it a really cosy night.
2014 FFT Song and Tune Writing Awards
“for an original song or tune in traditional or contemporary folk style”
- See entry form: Folk Federation of Tas Song Writing award entry form 2014
- These awards are made to encourage creative music writing in Tasmania.
- An independent panel of judges will announce the major awards at a concert at the
Night Owl Music Bar, Liverpool St, Wesley Hall, Melville Street, Hobart on Saturday 1st November, 7:30-9:30
- The concert will feature the finalists. The judge’s decision will be made before the night but not announced until during the concert. A People’s Choice award will be decided on the night.
There are three categories, plus a Peoples’ Choice on the night of the concert
- Mike Silverwood Memorial Song Writing Award 1st $150
- Instrumental Award 1st $150
- Under 19 Song or Instrumental Award 1st $150
- People’s Choice Award 1st $50
Entries to be submitted by Saturday 27th September 2014
Further information: ring Peter on 0409 216 752
- Further details are on the entry form: Folk Federation of Tas Song Writing award entry form 2014
2013 FFT Song and Tune Writing Award Winners