The Folk Federation of Tasmania Inc is a voluntary community group incorporated as an Association.
Our aim is to present, support and encourage folk music, dance, art, folklore and all folk activities as they exist in all their forms. We provide a link to similar organisations throughout Australia for all those interested in the folk arts.
- Organises about 200 dances and dance classes around the state each year, in various different traditions
- Runs an annual Song and Tune Writing Award competition and concert
- Runs an annual Ferntree Frolics music session
- Organises occasional concerts and sessions
- Organises and supports music and dance workshops for young people and adults
- Assists with the dance programme at the Cygnet Folk Festival
- Offers a small ($500) annual grant for a folk activity or event which would benefit the Tasmanian folk community
- Publishes a magazine, Drumbeat, promoting and recording Tasmanian folk events and culture
- Promotes folk events to the general community through social media and local broadcasters, including running an email list, web site, Facebook page, Facebook group and Meetup group
- Provides information and referrals to the public about folk events and artists
- Provides bookings, promotion and support for Tasmanian folk artists and for visiting interstate and international artists
- In general, provides and builds a vibrant folk community and networking between organisers, artists and participants in many different spheres of folk music and dancing.
- Contact Us
- Join the FFT
- Join our Email List
- Special Events (on Facebook, but you don’t need a Facebook account to view it)
- Regular Events